Posts Tagged ‘student loans’
Your faithful editor has arrived back from his temporary vacation in Southern California (where he participated in a 5k charity run that involved being covered in multi-colored cornstarch) and, because he’s in such a good mood, we’re giving you a break from the standard cowboy-themed round-up photos. Instead, above, you have his modern day reimagining of Magritte’s “The Treachery of Images” and, below, you have President Obama doing a slow-jam about student loans.
And now for the news!
Colleges ponder the pros and cons of Pinterest as a marketing tool ( Inside Higher Ed) Obama Administration Wants To Trademark ‘GI Bill’ Term ( CBS) Politicians consider for-profit college for New Bedford ( SouthCoastToday.com) Community Colleges Should Emulate For-Profit Institutions’ Innovation ( Los Angeles Times) Tokuyama Dental America Partners with Viva Learning for Online Dental CE ( The Houston Chronicle) Open for business? Why universities must collaborate on OpenCourseWare ( The Guardian)
As you can probably tell, we’re in a mathematical mood over here at CUnet this week, so if x is the date we last published a higher education marketing news round-up and y is today, then y = x + 7, which means it’s time for another peek into what you may have missed over the range of the last seven days.
This week has been filled with news, so we’re going to begin with a beautifully designed website that explores the top schools on the Internet and then move through some of the other interesting happenings in the space (and, for those few curious folks, the above formula does represent how to round up in mathematical notation).
- The Schools That Rules The Web (Best Education Sites)
- College Website Lack Important Information, Review Says (Arizona Republic)
- U.S. News & World Report Will Bow To NACAC Pressure (Inside Higher Ed)
- Dept. of Ed and CFPB To Publish School-Specific Financial Aid Information (CNN Money)
- Rasmussen College Raises Donations For Local Hospital Through Gaming Marathon (Rasmussen College)
- Republican Presidential Contender Ron Paul Seeks To End Federal Student Loans (Fox News)
- Marine Corps Backs Off Tuition Assistance Cuts (Military Times)
- Advanced Degrees for Fire Chiefs (Inside Higher Ed)
- Minnesota Attorney General Writes Op-Ed On For-Profit Schools (Legal Newsline)